Sunday, November 25, 2007

A League of Our Own

Some traditions just seem to come out of nowhere . . . like bowling on Black Friday instead of shopping. This year we bowled "league style" which means we alternated between two lanes just like the pros. Our pros for the day were Dad with the high score of 159, and Jamie with an almost equally high score of 140 (I don't think the bumper pads had anything to do with it). I personally bowled a 104. It was awesome. Aaron forgot his bowling ball and shoes so he was alittle off his game, thank goodness. After we bowling we adjourned to Olive Garden for a farewell meal to Michael as he headed back to BYU. What an amazing Thanksgiving we enjoyed, almost perfect (thanks to the brined turkey), except for the absence of some of our most favorite family. Look out Christmas, here we come!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for a great Thanksgiving. Aaron and I had an awesome time! I still have dreams about that yummy turkey. Aaron may have forgot his bowling ball, but you still would have given him a run for his money!

Evelyn said...

Awwh!~ I missed you guys too. My turkey was extremely dry and we didn't do anything near as fun as bowling on Blake Friday. Besides that...I would have beat all your buns at bowling. Sad I missed it. Love you!

Unknown said...

The turkey was delicious!! And the company was great Thanks mom.