Friday, June 22, 2007

Hot Fun in the summertime (almost)

As I dropped Michael off at the airport this morning, I recounted the many fun activities we enjoyed during his 10+ days visit. For instance, we visited Grandpa twice (not so exciting but definitely rewarding), savored local strawberries (an absolutely heavenly treat), ate lunch at the Ram (they were out of Diet Coke!!), played Pirates Dice (Jenny is the champ--what a bluffer), saw West Side Story at the 5th Ave ("tonight, tonight"--after which Michael couldn't stop singing tiny bits of the songs--I know what I'm going to get him for Christmas), hung out with Jamie, Noah, Adam, and Kitty at Wal-Mart (what would we do without that store), went to Seattle and toured the Market (unfortunately the line for the little donuts was a mile long so we had to pass), went to the Center and ate Seattle Fudge (yum-yum), went to the EMP (we totally were rock stars playing the drums and guitar together), and the Science Fiction Museum (wow, lots of Star Wars stuff--Jason would be in heaven), babysat the Pace kids and played Mario Party & Mario Cart on the Wii with Adam and Noah, then watched Noah play Donkey Kong (it was loads of fun--three little angels under one roof), met Michelle at Bellevue Square (shop til you drop), ate together at Cheesecake Factory (didn't leave room for cheesecake), went bowling (I bowled an amazing 109), played racquetball (just Mike and Dad, but Michael feigned an injury when Dad put the hurt on him), and that just touches the surface. I didn't even mention all the small things that really make spending time together so wonderful. You know my motto--it's not what you're doing but who you're with that matters!!



4 comments:

Nancy said...

Linda, I am loving your blog. It is fantastic and you are amazing! I enjoyed hearing all about your trip and your fun visit with Mike.
Troy just arrived for a visit. His friends are all out of town, so we had him all to ourselves in the pool this afternoon. Have a wonderful time in Brooklyn with Evy and Dane. It is quite the place! Miss you! Love, Nancy

Evelyn said...

Sounds like a lot of fun... wish I were there. I'm so glad you'll be here next week with me!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I think so...it must be the best blog that you've written yet! the subject matter just can't be beat!

Unknown said...

Mom loved reading your post, I miss you already.