Thursday, June 14, 2007

Things aren't always what they seem....




Sure it looks like a beautiful, peaceful setting but this location--Xiamen, China--is where I first laid eyes on an "eastern" toliet. What's an eastern toliet you ask? Let me just say Kohler needs to make some inroads here as the only porcelain to be found is surrounding a hole in the ground. I hear all that squatting really builds the leg muscles but there must be an easier way. At this point in the trip I said "no thanks" however later the call of nature was not to be denied. To my credit I adopted the "when in Rome" philosophy while most American women opted to wait in huge, long lines for the one handicap "western" toliet. Wimps. Oh and that stylish hat only cost me 50 cents and it's completely disposable. Ask Noah and Adam!

No comments: